Friday, January 25, 2013

Rainy Day FLF: PB Cookies and Tents!


















 Rainy day blahs...NOT in this house!

The girls and I love rainy days, not just because it makes our afternoon walk more fun with splashy puddles but we also get to play around with forts and do something I do best, MAKING COOKIES!

My Mom is officially the best baker... like in the whole world, and I was lucky enough that she forced, I mean, passed on those skills to me, although sometimes my baking gets a little crazy. My husband still hasn't forgiven me for the 5lbs he put on around the holidays.

So while the rain falls, I threw together one of the easiest recipes I have.  PB Cookies. Only 3 ingredients.

-1 cup Smooth or Chunky Peanut Butter
-1 cup Sugar
-1 Egg

That's it!






1. Preheat Oven 350 degrees
2. Put the sugar, peanut butter, and egg in a bowl (or mixer) and stir until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl.
3. Take a tablespoon full of dough and roll into a ball. Put the ball on a baking sheet and press down with the palm of your hand. Then with a fork press into the top of the cookie, like a plus sign.
Once your cookies are pressed and crossed, place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Once done, place on a cooling rack and enjoy!



 That's all she wrote, your done.




 And while we waited for the cookies to bake, we had some fun building our fort. Cause nothing is as cool as a chair fort.

 
 

 
















I hope you guys are having an awesome Friday and are enjoying the weather today like us!

















2 comments:

  1. 1. Forts are AWESOME! lol 2. I am jealous of your amazing Kitchenaid Mixer 3. I LOVE pb cookies :)

    "Stalking" your blog from Peacoats and Plaid, now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Thank you! The mixer is pretty awesome. I highly recommend them if you can find a great deal on one. I make so much with it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Don't be shy...