Monday, May 20, 2013

The Simple Things: Family Outings

 

 Thank goodness for the perfect weather this weekend because the kids were losing their minds being cooped up with Mommy this week. I just hit the big 22 week mark with baby #3 but I feel like I'm already hitting those finally few weeks of the third trimester. Plus our little baby boy loves to nestle that little noggin' right into my sciatic nerve and/or my hip joints, making movement a little less than fun. Unfortunately, our soon to be 5 and 3 year old daughters aren't really understanding why our outings have dwindled, just that Mommy is always tired or cranky.

Luckily the hubs and I got to sitting down and talking about the last few weeks that he'll be with us. Right on the spot he suggested we make it an outdoors only Saturday (which I LOVE).

So Saturday morning we got the girls up, had a nice family breakfast, got our beach gear, slathered our rather pigmented challenged bodies with sunscreen, and headed out to our favorite spots in San Diego.

First stop, a little pizza lunch at Pizza Port (a local restaurant and brewery). If your not from San Diego but come and visit, I highly recommend it. The pizza and hot wings are great. Speaking of hot wings, I found out that our son is a huge fan of them. Apparently it was a craving that I didn't know of and now can't seem to shake. Luckily we have a Buffalo Wild Wings in town.

After stuffing our faces and letting the kids hang out in the arcade for a bit, we set off for favorite spot near Solana Beach. Most weekends it's pretty quiet and even quieter during the weekdays. What's really cool, during low tide you can catch some of the miniature sea life on the beach (mostly crabs and small anemones). Here's just a few pictures from our visit.

 
I'd say overall it was a nice, relaxing, hot wing craving inducing day.

Hope you all had a great weekend or are planning on doing something fun with your loved one(s).

Until next post...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Don't be shy...